Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Therapy for retail therapy
Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Here I am , in a fresh tee (spideyman no less), the knit pants i wore out, and the right side of my new sneakers on.
I'm Reeling from the aftermath of exercising my purchase power.
Math and Exercise in the same sentence

Why on earth is shopping even therapeutic?
Probably a term coined by consumer pyschologists hired by marketing giants to induce a 'valid' comforting theory for sales revenue to increase.
Shame on you advertisers
But well i must be an unwitting fan of some of your work , for i never fail to fall prey.

Well camouflaged or not.. i just plop myself into the same hole ;)

So my purchases today:
-sneakers from adidas
Some history to this: I went 3ce all ready to purchase some high cuts n boots...even an updated purple metalic version of last year's same christmas Boot-y splurge, but they all don't come in my size..yes long feet i do have.
So apparently...the make these limited ed stuff for smaller feet gals?

Foot discrimination.
Nasty.

So anyway...Wan..( i think thats his name) sweet darlin searched n got me somethin quite fancy n ankle high in my size...it wasnt on sale..when nearly everything else was.*rolls eyes*
But as steward to the dough God's bestowed.. its pretty affordable.

Yay, its startin to grow on me..tho im still a tad bitter o'er the brown leather n checks- knee high , and purple metalic ones -calf high.


AND fyi Today i wanted these high cut limited ed sneakers with crazy colours on a lemon-y yellow base..it even came with additional yellow satin laces...half a size too small...
some times these special babies pick their parents.

I nurse a broken sneaker-heart.
-Oh & if you can see it I got a trucker cap in brown-black this time to get...a Free pouch! Woots

So anyhoots..trotted around to look for the famoolee's pressie...not too successfu
my bro wanted shoes...
-so i got him some vouchers After
walking round n round Raffles city
Thank God i asked him, cuz the last time he wanted cuff links n now he wants shoes (and there are cufflinks EVERYWHERE)

So i was just walkin ard alone ..my fav way to shop..and i went to
Star Three-Sixty Degree

SALE! the kind thats not plastered on the walls.
The kind that friendly sales rep tell u about.
And offer oreos while you ponder about which purchases to make.

So i know, i know...limited-ed sneakers n street gear is really a guys thing.
But i just love it. Its a different thrill with the casuals...they're beautifully down to earth & I decide how loud or subtle they make me.

In fact, my quirkiest most eccentric style quotients often include one of those loud sneakers, jumper or some not-so-casual casual. Why ?

Cuz you should be Comfy to exude your most extreme confidence(s).
So yeah..

Minor Disclaimer:I'm not a major collector... Those ppl are insane..*rest.pect*
I just like to get a new pair when my bank acct is well satiated and yeah i know its somethin i can keep;)
So back to Star360degree.
-I got this limited ed nike hoodie..in S with discount (as usual)
Advice:Try to live without leaving with the non-discounted purchase.
Means buy discounted stuff la.
So the jacket..A joint venture between Nike n a jap designer from CO-Lab...it came with a neat coat bag...sweet.
Then it was the white 'I heart Dance' short-sleeve hoodie. in L
L.
Thank God for height and practicality.
Important pre-decision questions:
+I'll use it ? Definitely .
Esp after practices...maybe even during if we're not rollin ard on the floor.

+Size? Well, hey it was okay a tad baggy but great to wear as a drape-over o'er
the LS, SS, & Tanks

After stuffin my mouth with a couple of oreo cookies...
& a nearly comical attempt at askin for a further discount while pointing a lil calculator
(of which was very politely rejected... i mean its a shop in Raffles city for cryin out loud...
But still can try RIGHT)
Yeah i bought em.



So now starin at my loot while reruns of project runway is blaring in the background.
I'm just WONDERING....maybe i should have gotten M instead of S for the jacket...
I told Uncle kubi Tay about this very major predicament:
And to help him further understand the matter i said:
There are a few types of try-fitters:
1) Try a Sz S ...Yeap it fits..okay bag it.
2) Try a Sz S...yeap it fits...but i wonder how an M would be.Especially for those layering days or if i gain mass. Hmm
3) Try a Sz S... yeah it fits."Excuse me.. you got XS?"

I usually fluctuate...but today i was a (1) at the shop and (2) at home
ARGHHH n i didnt try the M.
Im pertubed.Just Slightly.

The 'S' is mocking me.

I'll know the outcome tmrw...

Peace out





about*
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

After 3 years of Inertia lets see if this works out

The name is BeL by the way.

Just in case you get lost navigating through cyber grass turfs, this is my lil plot.

profile*
Eccentrically Beautiful

I'm acutely random to those I love





tagboard*


archives*
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
October 2009


credits*
Designer:pure_poison
Layout: ambivalente
Image upload: imageshack.us


hear me out*