So my mom went to Taipei to attend a funeral of a close aunty's husband
She's been mega busy for 2 weeks...and when she finally stopped for a second..
she just flew straight off , on a budget flight , mind you...
(simply cuz its peak Holiday season & there was no seats everywhere)
So this aunty of hers , she's one classy lady ...Mrs Ge..or Ge Tai Tai as we endearingly know her.
My mom had a dream bout her just a while ago, and so she rang up to ask how she was.
Ge Tai tai was good and things were okay. But less than a week later her hubby passed on.
My mom's got a gift regarding people..she has like dreams of knowledge. I think thats one of the gifts God's given her. She has been inspired to desperately reach out to many people in this manner , share our belief in the true & living God as we know Him -Jesus Christ as the only way...and shortly after she does, they peacefully pass on.
Sweet?
Maybe...
& a good dose of morbid i tell ya.
So off she went, I was a bit worried about the whole budget air thing. I painted a really nasty picture of it so that when she went on board she won't be traumatised or start swatting strange accented stewardess with different hmm..inflight training & calibre?
So anyway, just before she scooted off in the morning,
I told her : Mommy if you see a scarf with a matchin beanie pls get one for me...cuz they're pretty cheap there and i can use it in Korea.
Her response: Im going for a funeral! Might not even have time to shop!
Me: Ok lor.
...
..
.
Before she returned, i received an sms from her fretting that her luggage would be overweight & asked me to pray.
I just acknowledged it with a lil crinkle between the brows. I mean she went for a funeral right?
She came back late last night..with perfectly blown hair... I must say these Taiwanese stylists do immaculate work. AND untrue to her word...of low shopping tendencies,
I got a winter jacket with fur trim..It was like half a raccoon on that thang.
2 wooly scarf beanie sets , one with matching cut-off gloves.
3 thin long sleeves
1 cute-ass sling back from lesportsac
All these excluding her other purchases for family friends & beyond.
She even had a somethin for mr star.
And a squashed orange in her bag cuz the budget (airlines) stewardess was going around yelling at people who brought their own food in. So she left the hidden orange in the bag.
As she recollected the tale, mr star & I just stared at the dented orange.
How unlike you, i retorted.
Her response was classic, What if people around me knows I'm a Christian and I'm peeling my fragrant orange and the budget stewardess comes to scold me?
hahaha..fragrant..
"Very strong you know the orange smell"
..True..
My mom is such a bona fide-redeemed-changed-by-grace soul.
What i love the most was the stories.
One in particular.
How she played her christian music on one of their laptops cuz her mp3's charger didn't work, and nuetralised the pious chantings at the funeral.
BTW, funerals in taiwan for the rich & famous can go up to a month! The body is kinda fridged up at the morgue. ImPRESSive...
Back to the battle of the airwaves....'dong dong chang' VS hillsongs worship
Her music attracted Ge Tai Tai's filippino domestic help to come & talk to my mommy and they began talking about God and how she's been to a pentacostal church in SG before but never said the sinner's prayer. So this beautiful stranger, my momsy, was a Godsent to her.
A new salvation...& we believe the onset of many more...
Apparently she lives 5 mins away from a big church.SWEET.
So as Rihanna sings... Please don't stop the music.
But seriously,
I rather not stop the worship.
Cuz sometimes its hard to even start.Time to hit the sacks.
Camp is way too nearAHH